Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29, 2007


"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28


Kyle continues to fight his bout with pneumonia. His oxygen level is still improving, and is now averaging anywhere between 30% and 35%...a big improvement of where he was a couple of days ago. One of the organisms growing on Kyle's endotracheal tube prompted the doctors to perform a Lumbar Puncture (spinal tap) on Kyle this afternoon. A Lumbar Puncture is a procedure in which a fine needle is inserted between two vertebrae at the base of the spine for the purpose of obtaining a sample of spinal fluid. The most common reason for performing a lumbar puncture is to look for signs of meningitis. The fluid was sent to a lab for culture and assessment of the number of white and red blood cells present. We should have the preliminary results tomorrow night, but it takes between 48 and 72 hours for the official diagnosis to be back.

On a more positive note...Kyle's weight today is up to 1 lb. 15 oz (896 grams). He is almost 2 pounds! He is still tolerating his full feedings very well, and they have begun to add Human Milk Fortifier to the milk he gets in order to up the calorie content of the breast milk.


I apologize that I have not been updating the blog as consistently as usual this past week. With Madison here I have been a little torn between spending time with her away from the hospital while trying not to neglect Kyle which has not left much free time. Please bear with me...I promise if anything big happens I'll make sure the blog is updated timely!


God continues to supply us all with His strength. I know there is no limit to His supply, at least we have not experienced it and I know we will not ever see the end of His graciousness.


Much Love,


Jennifer, Joe, Madison and Kyle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer, Joe and Madison,
You are doing a great job keeping all of your friends and family updated! It is so comforting to get your messages - what a great way to express your thoughts and Kyle's updates and for us to communicate with you! And the pictures are so wonderful! I hope Jennifer and Madison are having a wonderful time together. It sounds as if Kyle is improving and growing every day. I hope the spinal tap cultures are negative. As always, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
Love,
Aunt Kathie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, I hope I did not make you feel badly for not updating us daily....I was trying to convey how much I look forward to receiving news of Kyle's condition. You absolutely have your priorities in the right order. You need to attend to your children, your husband, and yourself and I do pray that each day you not only have a chance to spend time in the Word as well as in prayer but that you have opportunity for rest. I also realize that circumstances may prevent that from happening. You have done a magnificent job of keeping us posted and of requesting specific prayers. And, as others have stated, you have been exemplary in holding true to your faith during these days filled with trial.
Praying for healthy test results and praising the Lord for Kyle's continued growth. Laura