Sunday, March 18, 2007

March 18, 2007

"Do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind…your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you." Luke 12:29-31

Overall, Kyle seems to be doing well. Today, his oxygen saturation was up and down more than usual. One reason being is that the upper right lobe in his lung has collected some fluid. This is most likely because they have had Kyle laying on his right side since surgery due to the chest tube and his incision. To alleviate this fluid, they are giving him medication as well as respiratory therapy. Every six hours a respiratory therapist administers 3 minute rounds of gentle vibrating over his upper right lobe to help break up the fluid that has collected there. Kyle's chest tube is still inserted and pumping as it continues to collect fluid and air. Perhaps tomorrow they will be able to turn off the suction. The poor guy never seems to get much of a break.

On a happier note, Kyle continues to grow steadily and today he weighed a whopping 1 lb. 10 oz! The nurse warned me that some of that is still fluid retention from the surgery and from being back on IV fluids, but some is legitimate weight gain. Kyle will not resume feedings until the chest tube is out. We also will not be able to hold him for a couple more days. The nurse told me to imagine if we had open heart surgery and someone picked us up - it would be quite painful. Apparently, the same concept goes for babies. Fortunately, the nurses are still administering pain medication to Kyle every 4 hours so he seems to be handling everything pretty well.

Our church recently launched Video on Demand sermons so that the sermons may be viewed live from anywhere with just an Internet connection. Joe attended the 11:30 service at church this morning, while I was able to watch it from my computer in Orlando. Technology is a great thing!

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers. We are so appreciative.

God Bless You,

Jennifer, Joe, Madison and Kyle

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am going to keep on being glad, for I know that as you pray for me, and as the Holy Spirit helps me, this is all going to turn out for my good." Philippians 1:19 Living Bible

I stood in again this morning for you and Kyle with a prayer partner at church - the same man I mentioned before, whose granddaughter was a preemie. We agreed together for God's best for all of you, according to the scripture:

"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:19-20. King James Version

I read portions of yesterday's posting to our Sunday School class, which has also become invested in praying for all of you.

You are so wise to take counsel in God's Word, which breathes life and hope into our lives. As you continue walk in faith, our Heavenly Father will prove faithful.
Love,
Aunt Karen