Monday, April 14, 2008

My very first MEME!!!

What is a MEME anyways? I really have no idea, but it seems to be all the rage in the blogging world.

The amazingly witty and clever McMommy over at The McMommy Chronicles gave me a tag requesting a blog on "Five Classes I Wish They Would’ve Taught in School".

I mentioned this to the hubby, and Joe says, “That should be easy for you. Cooking, cleaning, laundry…” I don’t think he understood the concept that it should be things that would actually come in handy for me someday.

So, without further adieu, Five Classes I Wish They Would’ve Taught in School:

Driving in Driveways

When I was sixteen, and eager to drive any chance I got, I volunteered to back my father’s car out of the garage so that he could get to the lawn mower. I jump in the car, put it in reverse and proceeded to rip the mirror off of the passenger side door as my father looked on with horror. Even worse, it was a company car and only insured if my dad was driving. The poor guy had to go to the office the next morning and claim that he was the dingbat that tore the mirror off of his car while backing out of the garage. Since that time, my luck in driveways has not improved. Just last week after dropping Kyle off at the sitter’s house, I jump in my car, put it in reverse and SMASHED into the sitter’s car.

Pros and Cons of the Family Bed

When Madison was born, she ate every two hours around the clock. I was exhausted. It seemed so much easier to let her slumber by my side, breastfeed her during the night and then fall back into a welcome sleep. When she was six months old and no longer feeding during the night, we decided it was time to move her to the crib. No problem…for her. I on the other hand missed having her in our bed. I missed her so much I even slept on the floor next to her crib just to be near her. After a couple nights of that I moved her back into bed with us. Big mistake! Fast forward eight years, she is not able to sleep by herself. Although she sleeps in her own room, Joe or I have to stay with her until she falls asleep. And, undoubtedly, every night she eventually migrates to our room sometime during the night. She’s much to big to be sleeping in our bed, so the poor thing keeps a sleeping bag on the floor next to my bed and wakes up in it most mornings. I have terrible visions of her heading off to college, on the condition that Mommy will take the top bunk in her dorm room.

How To Carry A Tune

I am the worst singer. And it really is a shame because I love to sing. But I am just so bad at it. Even Kyle tends to grimace when I sing him a bed time lullaby.

Wine Tasting 201

I ingeniously signed up for Wine Tasting 101 in college. That's right. At good ‘ol Kent State you could actually get college credit for drinking alcohol. And it was great. I would have loved a follow-up course.

Bigger is NOT Always Better

Particularly when it comes to my hair in the late eighties, early nineties. What was I thinking??? I would spend two hours a day, teasing, curling and spraying. All for this…..





I'm especially proud of this look. Can't decide if you should part with your big hair for one night and wear it up to a dance? No problem. Why not just put half of it up? Best of both worlds.


And now I'm supposed to tag five people I'd like to get to know better...I’m not sure that more than five people even read my blog, so I’m going to have to tag anyone who has posted here recently! That said, I tag: Breanne, Kristie , Hilary , Kendra and Nan. I also tag anyone who would like to share a few things about themselves. Please leave me a comment after you do the meme so I can come and read it!

The rules are simple, post your "Five Classes I Wish They Would Have Taught in School" and then tag some people. Be sure to leave them a comment at their blog so they know they've been tagged!

20 comments:

Miss Lisa said...

Hi! I found you on Kendra's blog.
Back in the '80s I would have been so jealous of your hair--mine was straighter than a board within minutes of a perm :0
Did I read your header right--you had a baby at Disney (baby must really LOVE Mickey!)

Kendra said...

lol ~ You're too funny. Love those big hair photos. The bigger the better!
I'm laughing at Lisa's comment...yep I too would have been jealous! *wink*

I will def play along. Thanks for the tag....might take me a day or two to get my thoughts unscrambled!

Have a good week and thanks again. K~

Anonymous said...

I love the 80's pics. Your hair was great. I know I had the feathered bangs going on myself. I will work on mine and get it done for you. Rylee has to get her last RSV shot tomorrow so it may be tomorrow night before I get it done.

McMommy said...

OMG. OMG. OMG.

You might have just won for bestest meme EVER!!!!! Because those pics of you and your hair are absolutely THE BEST! Those pictures should be their OWN post!! We've got so many things to discuss...the hair, the Christmas stick-on bow (you know those packages of bows?)blue dress, the corsage that goes up to your elbow....and don't lie...is that last pic YOUR WEDDING DRESS?! hehehe.

I love, love, LOVE it! Congrats on a FANTASTIC meme!

Don Mills Diva said...

OMG - look at that hair! You must have been the queen at your high school!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, for two seconds I could swear I was looking at my high in high school! Seriously, the bigger the better right!

I often tell my hubby, that it is surprising that my head fit inside the car!

Great job on your MEME! Super fun to read, and I will have to add you to my reader. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :-)

Kristen said...

Ok, so I obviously meant hair in my comment!

Sorry I am trying to blog and watch "the Bachelor" at the same time. Sorry!! I will watch my spelling errors better in the future.

Kristen said...

Oh, those pictures are JUST awesome. And I thought I had a big afro. My dear, you take the cake in big prom hair. Congrats. There should be a trophy with your name on it.

Laski said...

Oh, so funny! Love this meme. I would have loved to have gotten my hair to do that back in the day.

You should consider doing a hair through the ages meme.

Came over from Kristen's blog--saw we had a few things in common--Ohio moms about the same age! Your blog looks fantastic!

Oh, btw, my hubby thinks I love my blog world a little too much, too. Oh well . . . :)

McMommy said...

Sorry to hijack your comments with this but I'm about to add you to my blog addiction list, but I don't know what I should call your blog...."Kupiec Baby Blog" or "Blessings From Above"?

drop me a line and let me know: TheMcMommyChronicles@gmail.com

Hilary said...

Thanks for the tag! I'll post sometime tonight or tomorrow. Those pics of your hair from the 80s are so funny!

Nan said...

I am working on my meme...this one is tough! WIll get back to you when it is finished!

OHmommy said...

AWESOME post... and AWESOME pictures.

I loved it all. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey I went to NICU today and they told me that the birthday party is going to be June 8 at some park about a mile away from the hospital. They are supposed to be sending out invites in about 2 weeks. That is what Wanda told me today. I am just excited because I guess the doctors all go and the majority of the nurses. There are so many that I always miss when we go there. Everyone asked about Kyle like always and I am so glad that we keep in touch so I can update them all.

krissy said...

Oh crap...I am laughing my butt off. That hair...I have the same stupid pictures, except my bangs were higher and I did the "wings" on the side....Gosh I was a nerd!!!

And I backed my dad's car out of the garage with the door open and put a hole in the garage and ripped the door off. This still haunts me to this day! Even my daughter knows about it!!!

Thanks for visiting my sight....I will be back visiting yours! You crack me up!

amanda said...

wanted to say thanks for your sweet thoughts over in my world - you are too kind :)

and the hair!! honey you are sooo brave for sharing!! seriously what were we thinking back then??

Kristie, Michael, Kaitlyn & John Michael said...

Hi! wow- what great pictures- I have several of those myself- but I would agree- I think yours are the best! LOL- what were we all thinking?? those were the days! Love the new format for your blog- we've been too busy here :) but our little miracles make life all worth it- I'll try my best to participate, just might take me a few days! Keep up the great work!

Mandy said...

I love your classes and could sign up for most, but especially the sining.

But girl, I HOWLED at those photos. Forget the big hair. What were you wearing? Yet another reason why I will never, in a million years, publish photos of me from proms/dances past.

KYnurse said...

Loving the big hair pics--oh how I remember those days!!! Too funny

Indy said...

I just found your blog. You are soooo brave to put the prom pics up. The hair is great. I would have been so jealous of you in high school. I never could get my hair that big. Too funny!