Monday, June 11, 2007

June 10, 2007




"He will keep in PERFECT PEACE all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! Trust in the LORD GOD always for in the Lord Jehovah is your everlasting strength". Isaiah 26:3-4

Kyle is doing GREAT with his bottles!!! Yesterday his bottles were increased to every other feed, which means he was allowed to try and take four bottles a day. He finished all four of the bottles he was offered and therefore today his doctor wrote an order for Kyle to be able to take every feeding by bottle! If Kyle does not finish all of the contents of a bottle, what is left will be fed to him through the feeding tube in his nose...but, so far he has finished every bottle. Today Kyle's nurse said, "based on her 26 years experience in the NICU" if Kyle continues doing what he is doing, he will probably be released in about 2 weeks! Praise God!!!

"...The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." Footprints has always been my favorite poem and I get chills when reading it. Throughout this journey I have felt as though I am living IN the poem. I have always understood that God does carry you in times of trial but fortunately I have been a very blessed Child Of God and not lived through to many serious trials. During this time, I have been carried by God, family, friends, neighbors, my sisters, my parents, my wonderful husband and all of you reading this blog.. Suffering, depression and JOY all have a whole new meaning and I will never take those words lightly again.

Blessings,

Jennifer, Joe, Madison and Kyle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today's blog confirms that you will not be back in Akron when we visit this month for the wedding of Earl's niece, so we will see you there at Thanksgiving instead. Nevertheless, we are so happy with Kyle's progress and all the miracles along the way. "Got milk?" was a great comment - probably sent by Kyle himself!
Love,
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, It is quite an eye opening, heart rendering experience when we learn what it means to be grateful for (and perhaps even during) all circumstances. That is when we finally understand we have no choice but to Trust in the Lord recognizing He is in control and has a plan. We can truly cling to the promise He will work all things together for good even though we may not fully fathom it while going through the tempest. A whole new level of faith is achieved. And, your family will benefit....
Kyle's struggle has blessed us all. Laura