Tuesday, February 13, 2007

February 13th

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassion's never fail...They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentions 3:22-23

Hooray - I am now 24 weeks and 1 day pregnant!!! The chance of survival for the baby increased from 10% at 23 weeks to now 30% at 24 weeks. To reach 24 weeks is a great milestone, as the doctors will now consider the baby a viable fetus when he is delivered. As such, I was moved from the Labor and Delivery Unit to the Perinatal High Risk Unit of the hospital. The Perinatal unit is much nicer and comes with little luxuries like a real mattress on the bed (in labor and delivery I had been in a delivery bed with a plastic sectional mattress) and a window with a view of a tree.

We have decided to name the baby Kyle...or I should say Madison decided to do so and it has stuck. After a 4-D ultrasound at 16 weeks we had lovingly been referring to him as E.T. because that is what he kind of looked like on the ultrasound. Madison finally said enough and sat Joe and I down to decide on a name. Anyways, the baby's name will be Kyle Joseph Kupiec.

Joe flew home yesterday. As hard as it was for him to leave, I feel so much better having him home with Madison. We are very blessed to have had such wonderful friends and family take care of Madison since she flew home (alone) last Thursday. They even included her in a trip to Kalahari Water Park and she had an absolute blast!

Thank you all so much for your prayers. We are so humbled as we hear and read about so many people praying for us. We thank you all so much! God has given us comfort and strength through your prayers.

Much Love,

Jennifer, Joe and Madison

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jennifer.

It's so good to hear how positive you're able to be right now. Hopefully you don't mind, but I have emailed many of my Christian friends asking for prayer for you and your family as you'll see by some of the postings. I'm praying you will continue to experience God's grace and mercy and unconditional love. I'm also boldly praying that God is holding baby Kyle in his palm and that you both can sense Him. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
~Kelley

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
This blog thing is wonderful!! What a great way to keep us all updated. You are on my mind continually and my prayers daily. With God all things are possible!! You love the Lord and are called according to His purpose, therefore all things will work together for good(rom.8:28) Please let Joe know that if he ever needs a babysitter for Madison, he can certainly call me or Kara.
One day at a time,
In Christ's love,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jennifer,

Hope you got a good night's rest and that Kyle wasn't too active. So you guys finally decided that my name of E.T. was getting old, huh?

Your care package was delivered at 12:19 yesterday to the hospital and hopefully by now that have delivered it to your room.

If the weather cooperates (we have a foot of snow), I will be spending the night with Joe and Madison. I will give Madison an extra kiss just for you (now that will be a real feat as you know she always wipes my kisses off!!!!!)

You are in my prayers and thoughts constantly.

Love,
Pattie

(For those who don't know who I am, I am Joe's Mom and affectionately called PattieCakes by Madison)